How do you position yourself at the intersection of linguistics and psychology?

I am starting a new research project investigating the views and opinions of researchers who have experience of working at the intersection of linguistics/communication and psychology, including mental health, discourse analysis, conversation analysis, language acquisition, research on bilingualism and psycholinguistics, among other fields of inquiries. Based on what we learn from your views and opinions, this study will identify the overlaps and divisions across the disciplines, and how these may shape the future of linguistics and psychology as interdisciplinary fields of inquiries.

What would I have to do?

If you decide to join in, we will ask you to complete an online survey. Completing the survey should only take 15-20 minutes. The survey is confidential, but some responses may be used as quotes in published research studies but all information that could identify a person or participant will be removed – this means that this part is anonymous too.

This sounds good- how can I get involved?

It is your decision as to whether you wish to be involved in the study. If you would like to take part, then follow this link to access the online survey: https://edinburgh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/language-and-psychologyx

Thank you for taking the time to read more about the study. I hope you will get involved.

All my best wishes,

Laura