Purpose of ECENS
The University of Edinburgh is a major centre for the study of the ‘long’ eighteenth century, from c. 1660 to c. 1830.
The purpose of the Eighteenth-Century and Enlightenment Studies Network (ECENS) at Edinburgh is to serve as a cross-disciplinary forum for scholars working on different aspects of this period.
Members of the ECENS at Edinburgh are from a wide range of disciplines, including history, law, philosophy, literature, divinity, art history, geography, and the social sciences.
- Dr Thomas Ahnert (History)
- Prof. Stewart J. Brown (Divinity)
- Prof. John Cairns (Law)
- Dr Viccy Coltman (Art History)
- Prof. John Henry (Science Studies)
- Dr Michela Massimi (Philosophy)
- Dr Tim Milnes (English Literature)
- Prof. Stana Nenadic (History)
- Prof. Charles Withers (Geography)
- Dr William Zachs
For further information, please contact Thomas Ahnert (Thomas.Ahnert@ed.ac.uk).