To apply for this post, please submit your CV and Covering Letter, with details of your motivations for the role, to YouthTalent@ed.ac.uk
What might a typical day in this job look like?
Under the direction of Senior Digital Content Officer (Media) the typical duties will include:
• Assisting with filming short videos (promotional, educational, documentary)
• Scheduling projects
• Editing videos using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
• Transcribing videos
• Archiving and tagging video/audio files with the appropriate metadata
• Assisting with recording podcasts
• Uploading media to different platforms
What will I learn?
The successful applicant will gain experience of:
• Multimedia skills as part of a talented and committed digital development team within a large organisation
• Working with Adobe creative suite , particularly Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
• Working with a broad range of academic and support staff across the CAHSS, increasing communication confidence and interpersonal skills electronically, by telephone and face-to-face interaction.
• Working accurately and methodically with due attention to detail.
• Gaining confidence working within a team environment, and develop problem solving and customer service skills.
What qualification or qualities are required?
• We are looking for an individual who is proactive, friendly, and flexible and understands the importance of team work.
• Ideally a HND or HNC in Television or Audio Visual Technology with some demonstrable experience of related work outside of this qualification.
• National 5 or above in English and Maths required.
• A working understanding of IT packages or similar e.g. Excel, Microsoft packages.
• A demonstrable interest in digital development
• A demonstrable interest end experience of filming and/or editing video
• A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
• A willingness to participate in a Modern Apprentice programme.
Please see the full details: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/vacancy-details/?refCode=117801